Last updated March 2019
I (Lynn Houghton t/a Houghton Hand Therapy) am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Plain English Overview
If you contact me I will ask for personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address and details of your enquiry. This information is used for invoicing purposes, to arrange a visit to your premises if required, and for me to contact you in connection with your original enquiry. Reasonable steps are taken to store this information securely. Your information would only be passed on to third parties with your permission. I do not pass on your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you would like to know what personal information I hold about you then please get in touch using the contact details on this website.
The Full Policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. By visiting www.knightwood.net (“my site”) and by providing personal data to me, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the Data Controller is Lynn Houghton - Houghton Hand Tharapies, Newlands, Church Lane, Clayworth, Retford, Notts. DN22 9AN
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give me. This may arise from you filling in forms on my site or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. The information you give me may include your name, business name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial details.
- Information I collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to my site I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call me.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to me. I will use this information:
- for the provision of services requested;
- providing always that you have given to me the necessary consent, to provide you with information about other goods and services I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information I collect about you. I will use this information:
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
Provided always that you have provided the necessary consent(s), I may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract I enter into with them or you
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If I, or substantially all of my assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by me about my customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of me, my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where I store your personal data
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will always inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting The Data Protection Controller at the address stated at the beginning of this policy.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to The Data Protection Controller at the address stated at the beginning of this policy. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulations.